Installing Git on Mac
This lecture will show you how to setup up Git on your MacOS machine.
- Navigate to the git website, and click on the downloads section.
- Click on the Mac OS X link
- Then click on the binary installer
And finally, click on the green download button
your download should start automatically.
- Once the download is complete, click on the installation file. And proceed through the installation, until the installation is complete.
Testing our installation
- Now we're going to use the terminal to verify if our installation was successful.
- Now Enter
git versionin your terminal
The terminal clearly outputs a git version, which is an indicator that our installation was successful.